Going through the motions

Now being the parent of a small child my love of schedule has become an OBSESSION with schedule. I love routine. I love knowing what to expect. But some mornings I catch myself just going through the motions and not really taking the time to connect with my child inbetween changing, bathing, feeding, and burping.
And I think I do the same with God. I go through my work routine, my excersise routine, my housework routine and don't really connect with him. I just go through the motions and put getting things done over my connection with Jesus.
This may be related or not, but this clip is HILARIOUS and made me think of going through the motions. Here is Justin Timberlake hosting an entire Saturday Night Live in 2 minutes. He's excited, but really just taking the highlights and going through the motions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment